The General Assembly meets annually, normally in Brussels. All members are invited, but only 'Full Member' have voting rights.
The GA has full powers in relation to:
- electing the Management Board members,
- changing the statutes,
- approval of the annual budget,
- other competencies such as the adoption of internal rules.
The Malta Foundation for the Wellbeing of Society
Treasurer, Ljiljana Vasic
Pomoc Deci, Serbia
Central Union for Child Welfare, Finland
National Network for Children, Bulgaria
Slovenian Association of Friend of Youth
Sean O' Neill
Children in Wales, UK
Hope and Homes for Children, Romania
To support the development of Eurochild and increase networking and exchange between its member organisations, a number of working groups have been established.
The Thematic Working Groups are membership led and focus on
- Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC),
- Family and Parenting Support (FPS) and
- Children in Alternative Care (CiAC).
Reference or Expert Groups involve both members and external experts and are set up on request of the management board.
- The Reference Group on Participatory Methods for children and young people was renewed for a further year in June 2013.
- The Expert Group on Children's Rights concluded its work in June 2013.
- A Reference Group on ‘Learning for Wellbeing’ (L4WB) was constituted and met for the first time in October 2013 and will run until end 2014.
Multiplying impact in Europe
The National Partner Network member typology was adopted at the 2012 General Assembly. NPNs are strong representative child rights networks who are crucial to strengthening Eurochild’s voice in Brussels and the Member States capitals. NPNs play an important role in making the link between EU and national/regional policies relevant for children and young people.
They meet twice a year and play a critical role in Eurochild in relation to informing our advocacy and bringing our collective messages to national governments. Eurochild's has 21 NPNs collectively representing over 2000 organisations across 20 countries.
Read more about Eurochild's NPNs in this flyer.