Tackling disadvantage in early childhood: key findings and challenges
10 November 2021; 13:00-15:00 CET; online
In this First Years First Priority Campaign event we will highlight the need for greater attention to early childhood development, including through more investment in data collection and analysis to inform public policy, and how the European Child Guarantee can help to tackle poverty and exclusion in children’s early years.
The format will consist of short presentations, responses/reactions from EU and national perspectives, and opportunities for questions and discussion. The audience will be national and EU policy-makers, experts on early childhood and national/EU civil society organisations.
Watch the video recording:
Her Excellency Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, President of Eurochild
- Aljosa Rudas, International Step by Step Association (ISSA)
- Adrien Taquet – Minister of State for Children and Families, France
- Katarina Ivanković Knežević, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
- Marta Tarragona Fenosa, DG Justice and Consumers, European Commission
We will also hear from national partners on findings on early childhood at the country level:
- Plataforma de Infancia, Spain
- Family, Child Youth Association, Hungary
- Ensemble pour l’Education de la Petite Enfance, France
- Children’s Rights Alliance, Ireland
Should you have any questions or requests, please contact Agata D’Addato, Senior Project Manager at Eurochild