The contribution of the EC Recommendation "Investing in Children" to improving policy and practice
This side event explored how to maximise the contribution of the EC Recommendation Investing in Children-Breaking the cycle of Disadvantage to improving policy and practice. We wanted to encourage national and sub-national action in Member States and explore how stakeholders may better cooperate and coordinate efforts in the future.
We also looked at EU tools to support policy reform, in particular at the current and possible future role of the European Platform for Investing in Children.
- Jana Hainsworth, Eurochild Secretary General
- Gabriel González-Bueno, Policy and Advocacy Officer, UNICEF Spanish Committee
SESSION 1: MAXIMISING THE IMPACT OF THE RECOMMENDATION AT NATIONAL AND SUB-NATIONAL LEVELS & IMPROVING STAKEHOLDER COOPERATION
- Catriona Williams, Member of Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission, UK [Presentation]
- Judith Stone, European Brokerage and Partnerships Co-ordinator, Council for Voluntary Action, Wales UK [Presentation]
- Leopoldo Navarro, Director General of Social Policies in the Health and Social Policy Council, Region of Murcia
- Andrés Torquemada, Second Deputy Mayor of Segovia, Spain [Presentation]
SESSION 2: WHAT CAN AND SHOULD THE EU DO TO SUPPORT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE RECOMMENDATION?
The current and possible future role of the European Platform for Investing in Children
- Stijn Hoorens, Associate Director RAND Europe and Katia Aue, Gesunde Kitas Programme, Diet and Exercise Platform, Germany [Presentation]
- Hugh Frazer, representative of Independent Network of Experts on Social Inclusion
For more information contact Réka Tunyogi, Eurochild's Advocacy & Parliamentary Officer.
Tuesday, 26 November 2013, 17:30 – 19:30
The EGG, Auditorium, Rue Bara 175, Brussels
With the participation of:
- Dynamo International
- Mental Health Europe
- SOS Children’s Villages International