DAY – Democratic Activation of Youth
The aim of the DAY Project – Democratic Activation of Youth coordinated by Eurochild member Albero della Vita is to create and institutionalise mechanisms of child participation in democratic life at the local level in Italy.
The DAY project is set in the city of Naples and involves children and young people (14-18), schools, local public authorities, and policy makers at local, national and European level and Civil Society Organisations.
The partners of the project will engage with 9 schools in Naples, including high schools, vocational schools and technical institutes. The pilot is targeting three districts of Eastern Naples with poor social and economic indicators in relation to early school leavers, educational, poverty and social exclusion.
The specific objectives are:
- To pilot a child participation mechanism in the metropolitan city of Naples
- To increase youth soft skills and awareness on children's rights to participate in the policy making process
- To advocate for children and young people's participation in the decision-making process
- To facilitate connections and integration with EU level child participation mechanisms and peer to peer mutual learning
|- Fondazione L'Albero Della Vita||Italy||Coordinator|
|- CIDIS - Centro Informazione Documentazione Iniziativa Per Lo Sviluppo||Italy||Partner|
|- Municipality of Naples||Italy||Associated Partner|
- Alice Hagger-Vaughan, Eurochild Child Participation Coordinator
- Ciaran O'Donnell, Eurochild Partnerships and Programmes Officer